Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hinterland Throw from Crochet!

Have you guys seen this yet?!?!!?!?  You can find it at Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hinterland-throw  and at Crochet! Magazine http://www.crochetmagazine.com/inthisissue.php

I have been wracking my brain trying to think of a ghan for my daughters BFF.  She loves plants and flowers and nature.  When she was over the over day she asked for something with "leaves, please".

I had seen this before at the CGOA website http://www.crochet.org/ (The Crochet Guild of America).  It was a 1st place winner from last years design competition.  I thought it would be perfect for this child.  Imagine my surprise when I saw it in this issue of Crochet!

Unfortunately, I've already come across an error in Round 3.  It's easy enough to work around but for a beginner who has to follow a pattern - it's enough to make  you want to pull your hair out.  The large close-up pic on Ravelry is amazing in it's detail.  There's an errata alert at the shibaguyz group on Ravelry.  Same link as below.

It should say (dc, ch1) in ch sp instead of see pattern notes.

If you have a nature lover in your life - this may just be a perfect gift for them.

*
Edited to add Link to CAL at shibaguyz Rav page http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/shibaguyz-designz-fanz/1590115/1-25#22

7 comments:

~M said...

I'm sure she'll love it! Thank Gawd for people like you! As a beginner it's important that patterns be written correctly especially if you're paying money for them. Thanks for the heads up! Cheers! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that is absolutely gorgeous! Definitely not a beginner pattern from the looks of it. It looks like a doily-ghan to me.

Michele Shirley said...

It is a doily ghan- good catch!

I'm going to edit the post to include the correction and the link.

I think that just a solid advanced beginner could do this. It's not a really difficult pattern - it just looks it.

I had to put it down yesterday. My brain was just not working around doilies. We'll see what today brings.

Michele Shirley said...

It just wasn't a doily day. I've been cruising right along. I'll have this done way before DDs Bffs bday.

ArtistaScar said...

i have been trying to find this pattern ever since i saw it on ravelry. i can't seem to download it from there am i missing something? is there anyway you could share the pattern with me? thanks

Michele Shirley said...

I can't share the pattern with you - that would be a copyright violation. I can, however, share where you can find the pattern.

If you look at the Ravelry page it says it was published in Crochet! Magazine May 2011. You'll have to purchase the back issue of the magazine to get the pattern. It can be found here http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=8379&cat_id=88&source=EPCCF

captainhook said...

You can find the errata at the Crochet! Magazine website too. There are lots of them! But it's a great pattern.