Friday, December 2, 2011

The mad Christmas rush!

I can't be the only crocheter who just realized how far behind I am and how close Christmas is.

UGH!

I have 2 afghans totally completed and washed just waiting to be gift bagged.

I have a 3rd ghan (2 strands and an N hook) yup - call me a cheater! I'm in a time crunch.  I could say that thick cozy afghans just can't be beat for presents heading north to the colder states and it would be true but it's mostly the time crunch.

I have a 4th afghan that I just realized I will NOT have enough yarn to finish.  I'm going to need at least another pound of red and possibly 2 more pounds of blue. Yup - another 2 strander but this is one of the VERY FEW truly custom ghans I've made.  I was specifically asked to make this one super thick and cozy so i don't feel like I'm cheating but originally - I only bought enough yarn to make it a 1 strander. 

Looks like I have a 100 mile round trip to hit Michael's and Joann's to HOPE they have the colors I need in stock.

So - how about you guys?  Are any of you done for Christmas yet?

4 comments:

Sheltie Times said...

I thought I would be when I started in the summer. Sadly, no. I have one afghan about a third done that can't be postponed to a later b-day (hers is a Thanskgiving b-day) it has to be done for Christmas. I have another started that will be a spring b-day at this rate.

I have other Christmas decorations/toys that need finishing, too.

Michele Shirley said...

I cheated. I ordered the yarn online. It should be here next week so I'll have plenty of time to finish everything else up.

Anonymous said...

I bought some stuff for my Mom on Cyber Monday, but that's about it. I don't know how much I'll be able to make as gifts as I still have a ghan to finish for the donation pile, tails to weave on the ghans in the pile, plus working 70 hours a week right now up until the 22nd. And lucky me, I smacked my right hand good at work today! Swollen and black and blue already.

Michele Shirley said...

Ouch, Shell! How'd you manage to do that?!?

I'm loving your new star, btw!